I've had a phone call from our kitchen cabinet guy saying he'll be out to finish this afternoon as the knobs have arrived (or as his son spells it - nobs). So it is time for a progress photo - in order for you to tell the difference between before and after. Note that the drawer fronts are in, as are some of the doors, the bulkhead is in place above the tall cabinets and some of the lights are up. Can't wait for the doorway to be opened! But like with everything else, patience is key :-(' I got the call to empty out our temporary kitchen cabinets so they could cut off the water and drain three days ago, and while the new kitchen sink is operational all our stuff is in the other room (and bedrooms!) - so we really are between worlds at the moment.As much as I like to keep optimistic, I am aware that there are still a couple of issues to be faced, principally the fact that the coffee machine is not plugged in but too tight to come out again, and the dishwasher surround that was damaged when they tried to jam it into the hole that was made for it. It may take longer than they think!
Meanwhile, here are some laundry and bathroom bits:
The laundry tap leaked no matter what the plumber did, so here is a shot of how it looked - for 5 minutes. It is back at Bunnings now, awaiting replacement. sigh!
This is the sink cut out from the kitchen bench - I just had to sand back the oil and apply the same 2 pack poly that I used on the bench in the laundry.
Here it is in place, with above counter sink - 'cube' from Caroma, kemi lever taps and mizu chrome bottle trap.
2 comments:
That bathroom sink looks great on the timber. And the laundry sink is crying out for a piece of material to hide those pipes. The kitchen floor looks so beautiful, you're not going to apint it are you?
E and I just discussed the curtain yesterday! And I will probably leave the floor for the moment ... that's not to say I won't paintthe old floor when I get a chance :-)'
Post a Comment