Tuesday, 18 August 2009

This week

Monday saw the cladding arrive. The boys are doing a great job of carefully cutting and laying the boards. They're taking extra care so that we can minimise architraving. (I wish I had taken some photos of the flashing - seriously, it is worth taking a close look at.)

Now, alas, I have (perhaps a little prematurely) brought the painter into the mix and he was here today washing down the walls and eaves, etc. He'll be starting painting tomorrow and I'm supposed to have the colours for him by then! Eeek! I want to go lighter (and less yellow) but have the difficulty of matching cedar windows to the colour. I can't quite come at painting them yet so they will get to continue in there present woodiness for the next while - Sikkened, as that has been working well. boatshedchic has put me on to some wonderful blogs and I eventually stumbled upon A Bloomsbury Life and the post about the colours of Charleston. Although it lacks any similarity to my house I cannot but feel inspired. I may have to go back now and have another look - toodle-i-pip!

No comments: