

Another interesting week went by with more painting, some insulation and, da-da! the blackbutt floor is down! Now I just have to decide if I will paint it. There are pros and cons - I've seen some beautiful examples, but mostly people are horrified. My painter has lent me a couple of books so I'll have a look through and see if they help convince me.

There was also a little hiccup in the bathroom when the toilet arrived - I'd ordered a P trap instead of an S trap - nothing worse than getting your Ps and Ss mixed up. Luckily Bunnings will swap it for me - Heather rocks! Then the plumber thought the mixer had a left-hand thread and was all for going somewhere else for a new one - until I looked in the box and found the missing attachment! Phew.
The rest of the reno drama-meter was taken up with having to break the news to the builder that we have a temporary cash-flow problem, finding out that the two remaining chooks, Snootchies and Milfi, have managed to get out despite our increased vigilance and destroyed some of the garden at Toad Hall. Despite our apologies they have complained to our painter (what the ...?) and threatened our 14 year-old this morning with going to the Council (?). Doesn't look like this is going to end well, but maybe one day they'll talk to me about it, as the most appropriate approach. And somehow I don't think my muffins are going to smooth things over, like they have with the builders. At least the painter and builder are managing to get along. Looking good! I'm liking the colour scheme more and more and the windows have come up beautifully.

2 comments:
Hey Kush,
I see your dilemma re the boards - they look pretty good au naturel. What a tough decision (I'll keep out of it).
Oh, man!
Post a Comment