Thursday, 24 September 2009

Floors, floors, floors Part 1

Apologies to all of you hanging out for their reno-fix! Yet another week has gone by, and while I am taking photos, I keep having difficulty getting them on the blog - very sorry.

But you'll all be glad to hear that the floor got sanded on Thursday last and coated with alkathane, which is a sort of 21st century tung oil. Friday saw it sanded again and the final coat applied. The sealer was put on first on Thursday and as it was a hot day the rest of the house just became uninhabitable. We retired to the roof for a bit, but even there you weren't completely free of the smell - I mean it was really strong! But look at the finished product:

1 comment:

beth said...

Love the timber - what a beautiful colour. The photos really do it justice :)