The bad news is that our slowness to pay on delivery of the kitchen cabinets (just temporary cash no flow, eek!) met with an initial go slow followed by a complete retreat. So consequently we still have no functioning kitchen (you'll be glad to know he's been paid in full as of tonight). The good news is that I organised our go-getting painter to paint while they were out of the way - the ceiling with sealer and two coats and the walls with one. He's even done part of the bathroom and laundry.
But they eventually came back and started fitting the bluegum bench top - which still needs more coats of oil and much sanding and then waxing.

The big bugbear however was the timelapse camera - the main kitchen cabinet man removed it from the room (and rang up the kitchen authorities - he found out that it would have to be in their contract to be filmed while working). So much for capturing the happy daily developments of a much-loved project. It's all gone a bit pear-shaped and no one is whistling while they work.And with all that drama - and having to look for alternative quotes for the laundry (which he was also asked to do - but I'd not signed anything - and now I'm not so happy with the work itself either!- another story) I am now behind in getting the lights and fans. Yet another tradesman I get to upset. Sigh!
The crazy thing is that I'm returning to the idea of a concrete laundry bench top - even though I know next to nothing about it and am no handy-person. Shows you the state I'm in tonight!
3 comments:
Argh, that all sounds a bit mental. It'll all be worth it though, this kitchen is gunna be bewdiful! :-)
Can't wait to see the concrete benchtop :)
Thanks Iris - fingers crossed. I've just today committed to those reproduction warehouse lights, but they may not be here til next week.
Sorry B no one would support me on the concrete - see today's post for the rustic alternative :-)'
Post a Comment